Signorelli Advogados Associados has over 25 years of experience in preventive legal counselling and litigation advice working primarily for the Entertainment Sector concerning Corporate Law,Civil Law, and Administrative Law matters.
Our legal counselling acts directly on enterprises, events, and businesses undertaken in the fashion,communication, culture, sports, technology, pet, and third sector segments. Wefurther render services on legal counselling and advice for events, enterprises, and new businesses in Brazil and abroad.
Our legal expertise has empowered us to also assist in planning and devising the result-oriented legal strategies our clients aspire.
We are mostly committed to making things happen, the reason we have in place a multidisciplinary team working on a variety of fronts to match the interests of our customers, on an effective and preventive fashion.
Eliana Signorelli, legal counsel, is the founding partner of Signorelli Advogados Associados, holding a major in Business Law focused on the Entertaining and Cultural Sector.
She has further specialized in Intellectual Property, Entertainment Law, Copyright, Trademarks, Patents, Technology Transfer, with know-how in the Third Sector Management and Coordination.
Eliana is an accredited mediator in Business Law disputes in the Entertainment field, while actively dealing with gender violence issues, mainly in the fashion business and entertainment worlds. She currently works as a Regional Coordinator for the ‘Justiceiras’ [Vengeful Women] Project, being also a member of the Women of Brazil Group and the Public Policy and Violence Against Women committees.
• Advice on legalizingpublic and/or private venues
• Hiring artists
• Work visa procedures
• Closing agreements with servicepartners and providers
• Drafting sponsorshipcontracts and providing relevant support
• Counselling on taxcollection for ticket sales
• Obtaining permits frompublic agencies and small-claims courts
• Consulting on image andcopyright rights
• Trademark licensing
• Consumer law related matters
• Insurance related matters
• Negotiations with ECAD [ The Central Office ofCollection and Distribution for music copyrights]
• Counselling onsafeguarding negotiations on brands, projects, technology transfer andprocedures to prevent unfair competition
• Counselling on the useof intellectual masterpieces: copyright, image, and related matters
• Negotiation with copyrightowners, heirs, and entities acting on behalf of national or internationalauthors and/or similar ones
• Counselling on propertax incentives applicable to the entertainment business for both sponsors andsponsored parties
• Optimizing tax incentivebased on payable taxes
• Ensuring that theenterprises comply with the applicable laws and match production and developmentrequirements
• Developing andmonitoring projects before the committees ruling federal, state and municipaltax incentives
• Guidance on taxincentive reporting
• Issuing legal opinion onapplying tax incentive to culture
• Filing defense andappeal on administrative reporting procedures before the Accounting Court
• Risk assessment: mapping and monitoring
• Writing handbooks
• Developing systems and controls
• Building continuous monitoring strategies for liaising with government bodies at multiple jurisdictions
• Interacting with the Press, the community, the market, and other stakeholders
• Building management strategies for tackling crises and ensure the company’s uninterrupted operation
• Advice on crises deriving from catastrophic occurrences, public bodies’ investigations, cybernetic attack, economic issues, and other events
• Counselling on building, managing, and setting contractual and business partnerships towards the Third Sector’s activities
• Keeping track on all the legal matters related to the funding and relationship with public bodies and private companies for setting out partnership and technical cooperation agreements, covenant, sponsoring contracts, donations, and administrative relations management.
• Counselling and advice for the fashion industry
• Counselling on copyright and ownership issues, de trade dress
• Consumer law
• Advice for ownership guarantee registering
• Registering intellectual creations
• Product development
• Franchises and their registering at the National Institute of Intellectual Property (INPI)
• Contracts’ royalty remittance planning
• Counselling on getting same-sex relationships acknowledged or dissolved
• Advice on same-sex lawful marriage
• Rectification of social name, gender, and civil registry; bullying and cyberbullying such as online hate attacks
• Advice on revenge porn and improper disclosure of intimate images
• Digital violence: revenge porn and online hate attacks